Friday, January 8, 2010

Any Idea-Giri has some

What an Idea Sirji, must have just been a outcome, which finally became a great idea for advertising for Idea. The growth in the subscription base for mobile service operators in telecom hasbeen at its best. The services offered to subscriber base now accross India hardly has a differntiator apart from coverage, network and price. The advertising message for the mobile telecom services with huge bugets is about increasing subscription with repeat mind recall value. Airtel's jingle/music just did it, while Reliance has tried almost similar. You can recall only Titan, having done that before

Advertising is the business of ideas which are created succeed. Advertising combines a great business logic identified with the target customer sagment and delivers a message through the right media. Keeps repeating to catch attention and finally intention to purchase and keep the loyalty to get repeat purchase. Some advertising gurus have great ideas, some small ideas once will become great Ideas.
Ideas, many people have many ideas about ideas. Some produce great ideas, In my early days in Deccan Herald, one of my bosses, always pinned me down saying "Golden Idea", and put a Sportswear statement "Just Do it". I had suggested that ouskirts of cinema theatres could be a great place to sell annual publications "Prajavani-Deepwali Visheshanka", he said, "Golden Idea" you, "Just do it", he said, after every show, for a few days. I did. A great humbling experience to be outside a theatre and to sell magazines for a MBA graduate, with golden idea.
Few instances could discourage anyone in professional life to expressan idea.
To express an idea, "BE PREPARED TO BE REDICULED"
Got an Idea?
Let me introduce Giri here, how can I introduce him, he is well known already, May be I should say that I know him,
Giri Balasubramaniam, an ex-collegue, better known as Pick Brian, famous for his work in the field of quizzing, is a constant churner of creative ideas, especially in the field of knowledge enhancement. a good afternoon session wih him today was a kind of rejuvenator.
Giri and I enjoy a great relationship, he is nice person, who has one of the greatest quality of a leader-Listening. We engage in conversations and his ideas flow,

In days to come the young minds of India will benefit from few programmes of Giri and his outfit, "Greycaps" of knowledge enhancement and move towards enlightenment, towards the path of Winning, we all hope to get there.
Winning puts me into another orbit of thinking, Our defination of what constitutes a win, what is our goal, is the goal post stationary, I think, some parts of Giri's programmes will bring a clear view of our own thinking.

Giri, Please enrol me. I only hope you are not disqualifying me by my age, thinking, thought clarity is a demand for all ages.

No comments: